Monday, October 12, 2015

The HolyRibs at Panglima Polim

It is a beautiful Sunday and I'm meeting up with my bestfriend +Marsya Anindita, initially planning to eat out at Mandala at Jl. Wolter Mongonsidi, however I suddenly remember that The HolyRibs open early on the weekends! Since its opening, The HolyRibs opens daily at 5.00 p.m. but lately their weekend service begun earlier at 11.00 a.m. so we decided to go there instead. The HolyRibs is one of the new establishment by Chef Afit, one of the co-founder of the original Holycow! in Radio Dalam that had also branch out in other restaurant establishment such as Loobie Lobster and HolyGyu! in the past. As HolyGyu and the neighboring Loobie Lobster at Panglima Polim are now closed, The HolyRibs filled out their empty spot. Located next to Sam's Strawberry Corner, it is very accessible through Wijaya and it is nearby other hip restaurants in South Jakarta.

Coming in at 11.30 a.m. there's only one other table filled in. We chose the one second nearest to the window panel which is just right by the entrance for better lighting and to avoid the air conditioner directly facing our food. We got our food at a fairly decent speed before other people came in, accompanied by the busy sound of the servers and cooks preparing for their service we finally had our big big lunch. Also, you can read Marsya's review on her blog here.



U.S. Beef Intercostal 300 grams (IDR 95.000)
This is Marsya's order consisting boneless beef ribs. As for the sides she chose french fries that goes along with the beef, coleslaw and the barbecue sauce served here. This menu here is definitely for those who doesnt want to get messy eating good amount of ribs, and despite the look it was actually very filling as Marsya did took her time finishing off the last pieces. The flavor of the ribs here are generally similar as it is all glazed in The HolyRibs signature barbecue sauce, in which the story you can read here.



Combo Backribs (IDR 185.000)
After 5-minutes worth of Google search and looking at several reviews of The HolyRibs their combo really is the most intriguing as it consist of 900gr (measurement of the raw material) of the restaurant's signature bone-in ribs accompanied with a roasted chicken leg as well as their spiral sausages. For the sides I picked out the mashed potatoes, while the coleslaw is served alongside with the barbecue sauce and are the basic sides for every menu here. I've never said this ever to any food served upon me but I emphasize that this portion is HUUUUUUUUUGE and with the price it really really is an amazing value. I can say that this can be shared among 3 people; but being a beast that I am I finished it all by myself with such struggle that I think I can almost shed a tear. My friend did help a bit, but really we were all struggling to finish it all. Even this picture doesn't do justice to the portion of the combo.


In regards to the food itself, the meat on the ribs really were so juicy and tender and it easily falls out the bone. You can just push it with a fork and eat it right away without the struggle of cutting it in. Their signature barbecue sauce is really unique but a little too sweet for my taste and I find the lack of acidity on the beef and the coleslaw too. I also really liked the chicken leg, it was fairly seasoned and cooked until the skin is golden and has a good crunchy texture on its skin. The sausage were also a delight and it is juicy, falling out of its grill stick easily. The mashed potato is similar to the ones I had at HolyCow! it is cheesy, buttery and good fit for this meal. I cannot imagine having this with french fries as the french fries is certainly the heftier potato sides in comparison to the mashed potatoes.


Overall I really liked the food although I was a bit overwhelmed by the sweetness (or perhaps its just the crazy portion of the food I ordered), maybe some salt and pepper on the table might help with that. The staff were friendly and they did recommend my friend that the four-piece ribs is easily sharable for two but he gave me no warning with the Combo order, maybe he looked at me and thought to himself "I bet she can easily do it.". Thank God I went in with an empty stomach that day. A lad besides me need a little more encouragement from the chef himself to finish the Combo dish that he also ordered. The chef also personally deliver one of the dish to our table with broken Indonesian and greeting us with "selamat makan!".


Cherry Soda (IDR 25.000)
Initially I ordered their root beer under their flavored soda beverages submenu but as they were out of stock, I picked out the cherry cola instead. The price of the beverages here were pretty reasonable but the drinks such as lemon tea and sweet tea are no longer refillable (a sad news to all of us).

I wish all the best for The HolyRibs, I hope it will always improve and improve for the better. If you're interested in coming here, watch for the crowds as the restaurant is usually packed that you might have to queue. The time we were done with our lunch, there's another party waiting for our table right outside. The restaurant do can fit a bunch of people, but really, the seats are running out as they really are living up the hype.


The HolyRibs
Jl. Panglima Polim V No. 21
Melawai
South Jakarta
085814081408

3 comments:

  1. We should do another food hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We shall! Contact me whenever ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. E D E N P O K E R . X Y Z mau memberikan info sedikit nih , di edenpoker ingin memberikan BONUS NEWMEMBER sebesar 10.000 ribu
    yuk langsung saja kunjungi Customer Service kami dan segera daftar kan diri anda !!!

    ReplyDelete