Thursday, July 21, 2016

Arasseo Soju Bar & Eatery at Senopati



Coming to Arasseo for lunch I was pretty excited. I entered and got through the bar area and stepped into the dining area which has a great natural lighting coming off from the ceiling and the place is accented with nice illustrations on every corner against the white walls. Prior to coming here, I kept on bugging my brother by answering him with "arasseo, arasseo" (meaning I now; I got it) every time he talks just to prove how excited I am to finally try out dining here. Without further ado, we began ordering.




After we had our order called up to the kitchen we were given cassava chips and kimchi as our sides but being hungry we finished it off in a couple bite. I really like the flavor of the kimchi, it's just the right sourness and spiciness of the cabbage which I truly enjoy by its own. When it got to the last piece, I intended to have more kimchi but had forgotten to do so. I admit I should've asks banchan refills more often - just to figure out whether it was also available for complimentary refills.



Oh My Gyu (IDR 80.000)
This is a rendition of a gyu tan don, with grilled ox tongue on a bed of white rice that is topped added with a fried sunny side up which had pretty runny yolk on the inside. The tongue was seasoned with a good amount of sesame oil, salt, and pepper and then also garnished with sesame seeds and slices of green onion. Despite the tongue being cooked really well that it has a nice meaty yet slightly chewy texture, the flavor was a bit of a let down because the seasoning was pretty weak. I wish I can add more soy sauce into this dish just to add more flavor to the bowl.



Honey Dip (IDR 45.000)
This dish is the best thing I've had all day! Battered chicken fried until golden brown alongside with Korean tteok or rice cakes and then coated with a thick sauce of honey and sauce glaze, garnished with sesame seeds. The chicken was perfectly crunchy and bite-sized and the tteok remains bouncy yet at the same time had gotten a bit crisper. The honey glaze was so delicious with a good balance of saltiness and sweetness.  It was one of the best Korean fried chicken I've had in Jakarta.




Rice Balls (IDR 15.000)
Rice balls or jumeokbap is a Korean dish consisting of rice mixed up with seaweed paper, vinegar, sesame oil and sesame seed which was rolled up into a ball. The rice was mixed up pretty nicely and it was compacted really nice. This one's good with or without the sides dishes because it is flavorful enough on its own.


Hot Kicking Chicken (IDR 65.000)
The spicy dish is basically fried chicken glazed with sweet and spicy sauce and sprinkled with diced pepper. The chicken were slices of white meat that is fried until crispy although it doesn't hold of its crispiness after being coated with the sauce. The sauce itself is pretty spicy yet delicious but I find it a little bit lumpy as the sauce was pretty thick.

Overall Arasseo was pretty great, I enjoyed the dishes served the dishes despite the note here and there. I wish to try out more dishes here as they have an extensive menu of many Korean fusion dishes. The service was pretty nice but the food took quite some time to get out of the kitchen despite there were not so many people coming in and out at the time.

One more thing, as I got here at 2 p.m. these meals were 15% off! Come between 1 to 4 p.m. and get a 15% discount from the total price off your receipt. Come and grab your discount then :)


Arasseo
Jl. Senopati No. 16
Senopati
South Jakarta
+6221 27510187
Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment