Sunday, August 21, 2016

Between Korean Past and Future - South Korea (Part 5)

One of the last trips with the groups were spent at a Korean Folk Village — the remain of the last days was spent by the groups working on their projects, assignment, and final test; and it is such an educative experience for us in respect to the South Korean culture and customs. It took us half a day to explore this place and still didn’t have enough time to get my future read, watch a play of traditional Korean folklore, and even to buy little souvenirs. 























I also spend the day to create a farewell video with the rest of the Indonesian students because we will leave the program one day earlier than scheduled due to the conflict with our booked flight. It was a bittersweet moment because it is our second to last day in South Korea as our last day is scheduled for the Korean Language final exam and closing ceremony which I cannot attend as I was hurrying to catch our flight back. 



We close the night before our departure from Seoul to Kuala Lumpur to Jakarta by having dinner in a buffet. The next day, as the closing ceremony began, most of my Indonesian team had to excuse ourselves to leave for the airport and ended up crying as we’re about to leave. I got so many gifts, hugs, wishes, promises that I will forever cherish. It was an absolutely amazing experience I’ve gotten in South Korea and I want to thank everyone from Chung-Ang University International Winter Program 2016, the GLAMs, the participants, to my home university and to my new friends and family I got there. And in this post, I would love to again, say thank you. Six months later, I am still grateful to have known all of you guys and I am honored to have spent an amazing winter on a rollercoaster ride with you guys. Saranghaeyo!

No comments:

Post a Comment